We all love mushrooms, that earthy sweetness is just magical with anything. So what better partnership than beer? A nice rich dark brown ale is perfect for this to supplement the earthy characteristics of the fungi. Roast the lot in butter and we’ll be hard pressed to just have it as a side dish. We love the Nøgne Ø Imperial Brown Ale which goes perfectly with the fruity mustiness of the mushrooms. Get it in your face holes!
- 400g of button mushrooms, washed
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 250ml of a brown ale, we recommend
(Nøgne Ø Imperial Brown Ale)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the the butter in a skillet.
- Add the washed mushrooms to the pan and toss them around to coat. Fry off for a few minutes.
- Pour in the brown ale, and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat.
- Add the fresh herbs, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Poach the mushrooms for approx. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.