The lovely people at Brasserie d’Achouffe have given us this recipe to use their fine La Chouffe in. Sounds damn good to me. Give it a whirl people it’s simplicity itself and utterly delicious.
Easy recipe – Serves 4
Preparation: 30 min – Cooking Time: 25 min
- 24 shelled king prawns
- 400 ml fresh cream
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 330 ml La Chouffe
- 25 g green pepper
- salt, pepper, chopped tarragon
- Season the prawns, coat in flour and sauté in very hot butter. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan using the La Chouffe. Reduce the liquor down a little, and then add the cream, the tomatoes and the green pepper.
- When the tomatoes are cooked through (around 10 minutes), pass the mixture through a fine strainer.
- Reduce further and add chopped tarragon, and then the prawns.
- Season to taste. Serve hot on linguine.